View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sherez

re: Laptop advice

Ok so looking at a laptop for under 500 quid to play wow on, what do people reckon of this for starters:
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/164845[/quote]

Elvenduil

Quote:
Graphics

* Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
* Graphic subsystem Up to 384 MB shared system memory
* Video resolutions 1280 x 800 WXGA BrightView

Baaaaaaaaaaaad.

Idk about the specifics but when I was reading up on it for mine even having a high end spec (like this) the intel cards just fail at everything related to games, theyre basically there just to run apps. Look for an nvidia/ati.[/code]

Forum Veteran

Dell Studio 15

Just had a quick look on the Dell website and that's one of the base setups for the Dell studio models - you could go cheaper and get an Inspiron if you prefer, I just like the look of the Studio model :>

Dunno how useful it is to you, have a look around the Dell website - I just had a quick peek ^^
Scapey
Social
Forum Veteran

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-082-AC

5 left, be quick Happy

Darthvinho

just buy a computer, laptops fail Happy

you can build an imba one for under 400euros (don't know how much is that in pounds)

aim for a Nvidea graphic card, all my ATI graphic cards gave me problems throughout the years :<

Yeah, Ati have traditionally been problematic but the recent cards (last 6 months or so) have been fine.

I use Nvidia too, always have and am something of a fanboy but you shouldn't overlook Ati - they're considerably cheaper at the moment and aren't that much inferior Happy

Sherez

So far Scape is winning with the Overclockers laptop - not dual core but meh I've lived long enough with only one processor. But i found it for 20 quid cheaper on Play

Thallo

AMD Turion is a dual core just so you know. And Intel graphics don't "suck" anymore as much as they used to. if you can get something along the lines of X4500 you'll be fine playing wow. X3100 isn't bad either but if you can get a better one you should ;) Stay very far away from any MSI laptops since they can't seem to sort their warranty failures. try and find an Asus or something for a longer 2 year warranty (Acer and HP etc usually have 1 year for their base models) I can recommend the Asus X59SR and the X7 series, they're cheap and they have pretty good specs in that price range. you can get an Asus X59SR for about 600Eur so it shouldn't be over you pricerange ;)

Edit: Yes that overclockers Acer is pretty good for its price. only thing bugging me about it, is that its an Aspire.. not as good as a travelmate but if you're not planning to drop it very often you should be fine ;)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Valorous Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: