View previous topic :: View next topic  
Necrontyr

re: Call To Arms: Android Phone

Hey guys , im writing a web application for twitter thats coming close to the end of project time.

The webapp is specifically designed for browsers which use webkit to render pages ( like chrome, safari, mobile safari ) but that also includes any browser on android devices and iDevices. And its size and format is aimed at handheld devices specifically.

So i have an iTouch that i can test my application with and it works pretty well apart from being a bit choppy, which i can blame the framework for... But that is exactly why i want to test it on an Android device, i want to see if the page animations are smoother, or if functionality totally breaks down on doing certain things...

So basically all i want to know is if anyone here who has an Android device could spare about 30 mins to play with this app while we discuss it on vent.

It requires your device can access the internet and you have a Twitter account( which i can provide details for my test profile if you dont use twitter) ... and basically i just want you to sign in and do the things i talk about over vent , you can tell me if its fking up etc , and also give feedback on the ui if you notice anything odd.

P.S. I would use the android emulator but its slow as fuck, and since im trying to see if my animations act smoothly, that doesnt cut it.

The more the merrier too, there are a few variations of droid devices and feed back from several people would highlight things better.

i got an android but and sure wanna help you

but another idea is too install the android SDK from
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
after downloading this there will be an sdk setup.exe that will download latest version bla bla
head the 'virtual devices' and you can create a 'virtual android phone'

so you can test whenever you need too, and every android version 1.6->2.2

if you need me, i got a Sony Ericsson x10 phone and a nexus one
Necrontyr

re: Re: Call To Arms: Android Phone

Necrontyr wrote:

P.S. I would use the android emulator but its slow as fuck, and since im trying to see if my animations act smoothly, that doesnt cut it.

QFT , thanks otra i would like to see you help me if you have the time. The sdk i have up and running but the virtual droid devices aint comparable to real live devices. they are fine to check to see if your native apps compile and run okay, but not to see if a website designed for droid is running fast and snappy like it should be. So i have to try native.

sure just missed that line, poke me before/after a raid or something
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Valorous Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: