View previous topic :: View next topic  
tháfónzy

re: Connection issues, help needed.

Hi, many of you may have noticed the somewhat sporadic disconnects i have at the moment. I've tried many things and i personally am running out of ideas apart from changing my ISP which i think i will be doing soon. Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas which i may have not thought of.

Things i have done:
Virus Scans
Played Wow on the lowest settings
Defragged computer
Played with no addons

Things that seemed to help:
External fan
Hoovering comp

Its a relatively new problem i have had which i only first got a couple of months ago when i fist switched to battlenet. Lately i seem to be randomly disconnecting from warcraft but not from ventrillo or the rest of the internet. Sometimes i'll lose all connection on opening of my internet browser (I've tried more than one to see if it was a problem with chrome)

Any help given would be much appreciated.

Fonz

you may have spyware affesting your connectiopn maybe doing a full cleam format will help it did for me anyhow envy

Forum Newb

I know a little bit about random DC'ing If you are getting put back the login screen with the "disconnected from server" message this is usually because of 3 reason, which are:

- Graphical problem, hardware (monitor your temps with RivaTuner) or maybe the drivers you're using. You've tried turning you graphics settings down so maybe this isn't the problem but it still could be I guess, which gfx card do you have in your machine?

- Addon problem (ruled out if you've tried disabling all your addons which you said you've tried).

- Internet connection problems. You could try getting tcpoptimizer and find the correct MTU setting for your router and connection type and then optimise your connection. Also in your network card configuration, under advanced, you may want to try disabling the checksum offload option and setting the speed and duplex setting to 100 Mbps full duplex. It could be that you ISP isn't so good though (as it was for me (i think ( hope /cry))) in which case moving ISP is the only solution or wait until they sort their heads out.

Some people also say that deleting the WTF and cache folders in your WoW folder helps but this would reset all you addons. You could also try the repair tool.

Just thought, faulty RAM can also cause DC'ing.

Thats all I can suggest anywayz, hope you get it sorted

Edit: I'm assuming you're using XP btw, if you're using a different OS then some of these suggestions may not work wink

What is your video card ? Download Everest or some other program which shows the temperature of the PC and the other components.
If you say that external fan helps it might be a heat problem.(but i don't think so.Usually when it is heat prob wow-error pops up).
Check the temperatures and post here.

Make sure you have the latest video drivers.

But if the problem is only based on the internet,call your providers and ask them to check your IP settings.

I'm afraid but also it can be caused by some virus.I had this problem.The little bastard constantly was changing my net settings and my anti-virus couldn't catch it.I reinstalled my windows and it was ok.

Social
Forum Veteran

MeatSim wrote:
Also in your network card configuration, under advanced, you may want to try disabling the checksum offload option and setting the speed and duplex setting to 100 Mbps full duplex.

NO, no, no and no!

Unless you can set the port speed at both ends you should not be using fixed speed and duplex... what you risk happening is that you will have 100/full at one end and the auto port at the other will go 100/half and then you really get problems.
I am not sure what "checksum offload" does, so cannot say whether setting it will help or not.

And as others have asked: whats your: configuration - OS, GPU, CPU etc.

Since vacuuming your PC seems to have helped it kinda sounds like something overheating - try and use dry air to blow the fans clean.

/Wolf :Q

Forum Veteran

Oh, and try out "malwarebyte.org" for a good free scanner thats been able to catch about anything so far (for me at least).

Make sure you click on the correct download link btw. and also update signature files before running scan.

/Wolf :Q

Jump to: